Yes, it’s finally here, the new ONI website. After 3 pain-staking months of Photoshop, WordPress, cross-browser testing and hosting issues it’s alive!!!
Would love to hear your thoughts and feedback on a site built entirely in-house by a self-taught enthusiast: Me.
For those that want some information on some of the site features, see below:
- Live Chat – We have built live chat capability into the site. As agents, We can see what page the user is navigating and guide them to the content they require. It also sends a transcript of the conversation to us upon completion of the chat session. The live chat option is not available if there are no agents logged in.
- Social Sharing – There is a ‘Share’ button on the left hand of each page, enabling visitors to share content to their social networks. This will help increase visitor numbers to the site and make it easier for us to share content through our social channels. There are also links to our social networks in the top right corner of each page.
- Blog and News – There is a new Blog and News section available from the main menu at the top. Again, this is easy to change and add content to.
- Google Real Time Reporting – We have also installed Google Analytics Real-Time reporting into this site. We can now accurately track the number of users on our site in real-time, what they are looking at, where they live and many more metrics. This will help us understand where our site is working and also where it’s failing so we can continue to tweak and improve user experience. We can also use this to see the immediate impact of marketing campaign we send.
- Blog Tag Cloud – In the bottom right hand corner we have included a 3D blog tag cloud. This presents keywords or ‘tags’ from our blog posts. The larger they are, the more blogs they appear in. As we write more content, this will become more useful in guiding visitors to relevant content.
I look forward to receiving your comments.